Friday, October 16, 2015

Home made budget Montessori teaching resources

You can guess the direction where my daycare is heading towards.

The learning program will be drawing most of its inspiration from Montessori teaching method, and some from play based programming for the sake of accreditation in Australia.

Due to my previous work experience in a Montessori long day care centre in Narwee, I do have some understanding how the accreditation process for preschools here work.

Here are some links for budget and making Montessori teaching materials and resources from scratch.


Vasantha said...

Hi CY,

I am Vasantha and my family and I are looking at moving to Sydney. I have just completed my Diploma In Montessori, have not done the hours to make it an International one. I am looking at working at Montessori centers here when we move. I was wondering if you would be able to advise on the qualifications or any other specifications required to do so. Thanks heaps.

CheaYee said...

This takes a while to understand, however, you will get the cultural difference after living in australia for a while. I advise you to move only after you receive your permanent residency as the course fees will be cheaper if you intend to continue study.

When it comes to Montessori diplomas, it really depends on the centre. Australian centres in general prefer to have an australian originated certification, montessori or not. This makes it easy when calculating pay.

In terms of pay, they look at australian certification equivalency. The main ones in Australia is Cert III, Diploma, and BECH (three year bachelors for ages 0-5). You will have to send in your transcripts for accreditation and equivalency grading through the local council.

However, if you have a montessori qualification, you can still try to apply for work. but then try to apply for cert iii, or diploma credit exemptions, and work whilst you study.

It is cheaper for childcare centres to hire someone with cert iii because the pay is lower (based on qualifications). and you can still complete your hours as you do your studies.

montessori centres here are considered "elite" centres, so there are not many centres that run it as they require specialised training, and most locals cannot afford, or will not pay for it (surprise. surprise).

THe three year bachelor ones was the one I completed in 2006. I am not sure if they still exist, because they were mainly geared towards international students. Hence, I am not sure if local students would be studying them.

If you have a bachelors in another field of study, you could undertake a Graduate Diploma which is about a year or so. This will allow you to go for teacher registration. Once a teacher is registered, they are allowed to go into primary school teaching (ages 0-8). Although I would only advise someone who has lived in Australia for a while to do this due to cultural adaptation. one can easily fail due to culture shock, or difficulty adapting to local rules and regulations, or differences between mentor teachers and university.

but frankly speaking, once a teacher is registered, they can move between primary school teaching and high school teaching (needing a subject major).

In summary, it really depends on what you want. i thnk its better for you to complete your diploma locally so you can get a local understanding of how it is implemented, as well as the fact it is cheaper and you know your own country better.

you can choose to undertake a diploma when you come and get credit exemptions through your Montessori int. diploma.

Really, if all you want to do is teach, the more experience you get, the better.

Amazon Recommends...


Related Posts with Thumbnails