Thursday, November 07, 2013

Two ECT job interviews today

Montessori Preschool 1:
So I just finished an interview at a privately owned Montessori preschool on the Newcastle line.

I dont think the boss is willing to pay much coz he flinched when I told him of my previous pay rate. He also insists on not bringing in agency staff.

I was surprised to find out that I was to be interviewed by the Director's husband. He said that if I wanted to find out if I were going to be a fit for the school, I should come in for a voluntary basis (meaning unpaid) for about a week at the school to observe
the school.

Ok, you know what, I am not too keen to do that. You can reserve that position for someone else.

2) Montessori Care Centre in CBD-

This centre is located right in the middle of the CBD.

This is a very interesting interview with two different ladies, one being the owner, and another the supervisor.

I was interviewed more on the Montessori ideologies, and differences between play based curriculum and Montessori.

This centre opens from 7 am to 7 pm. Very long hours indeed, but I do believe they do not have that much cleaning work or outdoor play set up.

What I like about this centre is the employers are willing to sponsor foreign qualified staff, which speaks volume on what they are willing to keep good staff.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Amazon Recommends...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails