Friday, October 16, 2015
The learning program will be drawing most of its inspiration from Montessori teaching method, and some from play based programming for the sake of accreditation in Australia.
Due to my previous work experience in a Montessori long day care centre in Narwee, I do have some understanding how the accreditation process for preschools here work.
Here are some links for budget and making Montessori teaching materials and resources from scratch.
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
After lunch today in Manmaruya at Campsie, I went to two different banks to gather more information on business bank accounts. This was around noon time.
At the first bank I went to, Commonwealth Bank, within one minute of stepping in, and just browsing at the brochures, a lady walked towards me and asked if I needed any help.
I told her I was looking for information for business bank accounts. In the wait time of less than ten minutes, I was referred and seated with another consultant. She took down some of my details and updated my home address, etc.
The consultant, Phoebe, told me that I would need to speak to a tax accountant to get my paperwork and details done before coming in, and business accounts have a service fee of ten dollars a month.
The meeting was over in less than ten minutes.
Next, I went into NAB which was a short walk away. I had to join a queue which took about ten minutes wait time. When it came to my turn, the consultant then told me I will have to wait for my turn to another lady who was speaking to other customers.
As I looked at her, I wondered how long further would I have to wait... So i went and browsed at the wall where there were some information kit on banking products arrayed, took some brochures, and left the bank.
I was just thinking, if a business person only had a short one hour for lunch, and she had to choose between both the banks, all things being equal, she would definitely choose Commonwealth Bank for the short wait time to speak to a consultant.
Monday, September 14, 2015
Doing research for starting a home based family day care needs so much time.. This is how my schedule is like...
- did my laundry
- applied for full licence letter verification from Malaysia high commission
- called Integricare
- emailed CCA and Infants Home
- looked up car models on Nissan and Honda website. (my dad thinks a new 1.5 litre car requires less maintenance and is fuel economic).
- download app for Knowledge Test.
- go to NAB and Commbank in Campsie to enquire about business bank accounts (morning)
- collect letter from Malaysia high commission (after 2.30pm).
- to study for Road Knowledge Test.
- Shark Hotel (Aaron's last Tuesday in Sydney) in the evening.
- start looking for a tax accountant (anyone good?)
- probably visit either CCA in Eastwood, and Infants Home.
- start looking at booking test date for Knowledge Test.
Busy. Busy. Busy.