Thursday, October 21, 2010

An Interesting Anecdote Today.

So today we had a Maori show in our childcare centre. The children from my classroom was squished over to the other pre-school room, hence we had too many staff in one classroom.

Anyways, here is an interesting anecdote that happened with one of the children today.

I am normally not in the other pre-school classroom, but the children are 'fairly' acquainted with me as they see me throughout the day and out in the playground.

When I went into their classroom the morning, one of the girls, C* was so surprised to see me standing there that she gave me a surprised and shocked expression.

C* said to me in Cantonese, "go away, go away. I don't want you here". So I went like, "okay" and then walked over to her classroom teacher, G to tell her what happened.

The teacher, G was very surprised to hear that, and wanted to see that happen again. LOL. I told J that she speaks Cantonese. The child is about four years old, and according to J, she was a sensitive child.

So I went again and stood beside C*, telling her that I was helping another child with her work.

C* was looking sideways and kept pushing her tray further to the left side, until I walked away. To which she stopped and then sat down. J told me that C* kept giving me sideway looks though I was just standing there...

Now, isn't that the funniest thing? I am still not sure how to  make of this interesting anecdote.

No comments:

Amazon Recommends...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails